An original idea imported from Paris, the Nuit Blanche is now a Montreal tradition. The major cultural, artistic and gourmet happening will take over the city on the night of February 29th to March 1st 2020, as part of the Montréal en Lumière winter festival.
One of the city’s most popular events, the Nuit Blanche attracts over 300,000 festivalgoers, who tackle the winter head on by participating in over 200 cultural activities, while taking advantage of the metro, which is exceptionally open all night.
In case you’ve never been to Nuit Blanche, here’s a recap from last year’s event:
In 2019, twelve bars in the Quartier Latin served their clients until 6 AM during Nuit Blanche. For this 17th installment, sixteen bars were able to prolong their alcohol license until dawn. We are delighted to learn that some of these establishments are reputable staples in the Village.
Here’s a full list of the bars that will remain open until; 6 AM during Nuit blanche:
- District Video Lounge, 1365 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
- Bar Renard, 1272 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
- Le Date Karaoke, 1218 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
- Arcade MTL, 2031 rue Saint-Denis
- Les 3 Brasseurs, 1658 rue Saint-Denis
- Pub L’Abreuvoir, 403 rue Ontario Est
- Bistro à Jojo, 1627 rue Saint-Denis
- Edgar Hyper Lodge, 1738 rue Saint-Denis
- Pub L’Île Noire, 1649 rue Saint-Denis
- Café Hookah Lounge/Patrick’s Irish Pub, 1699 rue Saint-Denis
- Le Saint-Bock Brasserie artisanale, 1749 rue Saint-Denis
- Turbo Haüs, 2040 rue Saint-Denis
- Meltdown, 2035 rue Saint-Denis
- Le Saint-Houblon, 1567 rue Saint-Denis
- Le Petit Moscou, 323 rue Ontario Est
The Nuit Blanche takes place in a few key areas in the heart of Montreal, including the Old Port, the Quays of the Old Port, Plateau Mont-Royal, Mile-End, Quartier des Spectacles, the Village and Maisonneuve. Most cultural activities are free, including performances, music and exhibitions. The Place des Festivals, in downtown Montréal’s Quartier des Spectacles, will become a winter wonderland, and the Art Souterrain temporary expo will bring life to our beloved downtown underground network.
For more information on the Nuit Blanche and Montréal en Lumière, be sure to check out the festival’s website.